Eight schools across the Lowan electorate will receive minor capital works funding from this year’s state budget.
Member for Lowan Emma Kealy said The Nationals had called for the Andrews Labor Government to provide a list of schools that would receive money for minor works, after details were not released in the budget last week.
Ms Kealy said while she would have like to see more schools in Lowan receive funding, but she was pleased eight schools would share in more than $1.6 million for a range of upgrades.
The schools and their allocated funding are:
- Apsley Primary School: $42,120
- Branxholme-Wallacedale Community School: $40,120
- Cavendish Primary School: $446,665
- Halls Gap Primary School: $186,165
- Horsham College – Horsham High campus: $447,125
- Horsham Primary School – Rasmussen Road campus: $500,000
- Jeparit Primary School: $22,120
- Merino Consolidated School: $4160